Saturday, June 23, 2007

5

I don’t like to go out on the weekends and party like everybody else does, but I do like to walk around downtown and watch them. People, with their glassy eyes, always look brighter and more full of hope under the marquees. Last night, away from my girlfriend Marley’s, into the late hours I remained, watching them, silent, observing. Lifting drunks from the gutters, trying to feed the endless hungry. Playing games with the lines on the cements. Skipping every other section of the sidewalk. Electronics pounded through doors and I felt alive as I walked past and prayed... I pray, journal. Most people think that’s childish but I do, and God wraps me in protection and love. They don’t understand, atheists and the wretched, of how boundless the grace of God really is. Do you believe in God’s love? Sometimes it’s even hard for me, but I do, and continue on. I touch the sick to kiss them. Enough about all that though, I wouldn’t want pride to bring my fall. Even if I am the greatest of all prophets, I wouldn‘t let pride get me.///